(In However Long it Takes You to Get Through this Thing...)
This tutorial is intended for people with absolutely no programming experience whatsoever! All you need is motivation, time, and patience. Having said that, if you get "stuck" on a problem, try giving it more time. If you're still stuck, let me know, as I may have overlooked something important. I can be reached at blog at idocarmi dot com.
In 10 fun-filled lessons, your programming capabilities will gradually increase. Somewhere towards the end, you'll be able to make a small computer game, such as minesweeper. In fact, that will be one of the projects that I will help you through!
- Intro to Programming
- Playing with Information
- Playing with Actions
- More Practice with Actions
- Playing with Functions
- Into the Realm of the Infinite
- It's All About Class
- More on Classes
- Real Programmers Pack
- Let's make a game! (Minesweeper, anybody?)
More advanced lessons that that may come... (in no particular order)
- Advanced Python Topics
- Unit-Testing Techniques
- Working on Larger Software Projects
- The joys of paired programming...
- Programming for the Web
- Django Hints & Tips
- Facebook App, anybody?
- Programming for the Smart-Phone
- Using actual databases
- Muses on Artificial Intelligence
- Writing secure (that is, hack-resistant) applications
- On design patterns
- From Python to Java
- From Python to C++